Join Scott Simpson for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Learning SQL Programming.
- [Scott] In this course we've seen how…to use SQL to work with an existing database.…Depending on what your goal is,…your next steps for learning…can take a few different paths.…If you're interested in learning how…to create databases and how to administer them,…take a look at our courses on database management systems…like SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, and others.…If you're interested in digging deeper into SQL itself,…check out our courses on more advanced SQL.…Before you do that though,…you may want to brush up on one…of the database management systems those courses use,…either SQL Server or MySQL,…in order to be able to better follow along.…
Or if you're looking to build an application…that uses SQL in it, have a look at our courses…about using SQL with popular languages…like PHP, Java, and others.…Whichever path you take, have fun learning, and good luck.…See you next time.…
- What is SQL?
- Asking for data with SELECT
- Limiting database responses
- Organizing responses
- Asking for data from two or more tables
- Understanding join types and data types
- Transforming data
- Performing math
- Adding and modifying data in a table
Skill Level Beginner
1. Ask for Data from a Database
2. Ask for Data from Two or More Tables
3. Data Types, Math, and Helpful Functions
4. Add or Modify Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.