To follow along with the exercises in this course, you will need to install some software on your computer. Here are instructions that cover installation on a Mac.
- [Bill] Now that you've installed the text editor,…you'll need to install XAMPP along with the SID…and CRUD applications, this is part two of two movies.…These installation steps can be a bit technical…so take it slow, and pay close attention to the details.…First up, I'll show you how to install XAMPP,…XAMPP is a package that includes the Apache Web Server,…PHP, SQLite and a bunch of other things…you probably don't need.…If you have your own installation of PHP…in a database engine and you know how to install scripts…and configure them that'll work too,…otherwise, follow along and install XAMPP with me.…
This is the environment I'll be demonstrating with,…so unless you already know how to install…and configure all these things yourself,…it may be best that you install XAMPP…and follow along with me.…Also keep in mind, that every database system…has its own dialect of SQL so some of the examples…may not work on another database system.…If you wanna follow the exercises you'll need…an up to date version of SQLite installed,…
- Understanding SQL terminology and syntax
- Creating new tables
- Inserting and updating data
- Writing basic SQL queries
- Sorting and filtering
- Accessing related tables with JOIN
- Working with strings
- Understanding numeric types
- Using aggregate functions and transactions
- Automating data with triggers
- Creating views
- Defining functions in PHP
Skill Level Beginner
2. SQL Overview
3. Fundamental Concepts
7. Dates and Times
Dates and times1m 52s
11. Views and Subselects
12. Defined Functions
13. A Simple CRUD Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.