To follow along with the exercises in this course, you will need to install some software on your computer. Here are instructions that cover installation on a Mac.
- [Instructor] In this movie I'll show you how to install…a test environment to follow along…with the exercises on a Mac.…This is part one of two movies.…In order to follow along with the exercises,…there's a few things you'll need.…You'll need a web browser,…any modern web browser will do.…I'm using Google Chrome, but that's just my preference.…If you prefer Firefox or Safari, that'll work just fine.…You just need a modern, up-to-date browser.…You'll also need a web server…with PHP and a database engine.…In part two, I'll show you how to install XAMPP,…that's X-A-M-P-P.…
XAMPP is a package that includes the Apache web server,…PHP, SQLI, and a bunch of other stuff…you probably don't need.…You'll also need a plain text editor.…This is different than a word processor.…A word processor is designed for writing documents…and includes a lot of formatting information…along with the text.…The formatting information will actually interfere…with the SQL code in the example files,…so word processor will not work for this purpose.…
- Understanding SQL terminology and syntax
- Creating new tables
- Inserting and updating data
- Writing basic SQL queries
- Sorting and filtering
- Accessing related tables with JOIN
- Working with strings
- Understanding numeric types
- Using aggregate functions and transactions
- Automating data with triggers
- Creating views
- Defining functions in PHP
Skill Level Beginner
2. SQL Overview
3. Fundamental Concepts
7. Dates and Times
Dates and times1m 52s
11. Views and Subselects
12. Defined Functions
13. A Simple CRUD Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.