Explore some examples of insert, update, and delete operations in a fully functional database application written in PHP.
- [Narrator] The insert, update, and delete functions…are pretty simple in the CRUD application.…Here were are around line 701 in crud.php.…This is the insert album SQL function.…This is where we do the SQL that actually inserts…a new row of album data into the table.…What'll you'll notice here is that our query…has these little question marks,…and this is a really important detail.…Most database interfaces for most languages…will work this way. These are called placeholders,…and it's actually very important…that you don't simply create a string…with literal values in it to insert data…into a table in the database,…that you actually use these placeholders instead.…
So, the SQL statement insert into album,…and then we list the columns that are going to be inserted,…and then we have question mark placeholders…in the values for each of these values,…And then, when I execute the query,…I pass the execute function,…an array with each of these elements,…and that allows the SQL engine, the database engine,…to actually prepare and sanitize and properly process…
- Understanding SQL terminology and syntax
- Creating new tables
- Inserting and updating data
- Writing basic SQL queries
- Sorting and filtering
- Accessing related tables with JOIN
- Working with strings
- Understanding numeric types
- Using aggregate functions and transactions
- Automating data with triggers
- Creating views
- Defining functions in PHP
Skill Level Beginner
2. SQL Overview
3. Fundamental Concepts
7. Dates and Times
Dates and times1m 52s
11. Views and Subselects
12. Defined Functions
13. A Simple CRUD Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.