Here are some examples of insert, update, and delete operations in a fully functional database application written in PHP.
- [Narrator] Continuing where we left off … from the last lesson, … I want to talk about how we insert data … into a table in the code, using a SQL in conjunction with … a programming language. … And again, this is in PHP, … the techniques are very similar … for different languages, including Python, and even C. … The techniques are very similar. … So here the function insert album SQL. … We've collected the data, … at this point in this album variable … which is an array. … And it has our title, our artist, all of that stuff. … And you notice that SQL query down here … has these question marks for the values. … These are place holders. … And this is why I do the prepare and executors … separate functions because for the SQL. … So, the prepared query, … the database driver will then take these placeholders … and it will say okay, I going to need to get that data … when I get the execute function. … And then in the execute function, we pass it in array … with each of these values. … And so the title will get replaced …
This course was created by Bill Weinman. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- How databases are organized
- Selecting rows and columns
- Creating new tables
- Inserting and updating data
- Sorting and filtering
- Accessing related tables with JOIN
- Working with strings
- Understanding numeric types
- Using aggregate functions and transactions
- Automating data with triggers
- Creating views
- Using CRUD functions
Skill Level Beginner
2. SQL Overview
3. Fundamental Concepts
7. Dates and Times
Dates and times2m 6s
11. Views and Subselects
12. A Simple CRUD Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.