- Creating tables and loading data
- Parameterizing SELECT statements
- Indexing tables
- Object relational mapping
- Error trapping
- Monitoring and logging
- Automated schema migration
Skill Level Advanced
- [Dan] Welcome to Advanced SQL for Developers, where you'll learn how to design, implement, and maintain efficient and scalable database applications. We'll review key design concepts, see how to implement them, and then use hands-on challenge exercises to reinforce our learning. Topics include how to write efficient SQL queries, how to structure large datasets using partitioning, how to handle a wide variety of database errors, how to use design patterns that improve resiliency, and how to maintain database schemas, especially in production. Developing efficient, highly available, scalable database applications is challenging, but you can learn best practices here, so let's get started.
1. Advanced Querying with Select
2. Indexing Tables
3. Object-Relational Mapping (ORM)
4. Designing for Scalability
5. Designing for Reliability
6. Designing for Maintainability
Key considerations2m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.