Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Working in the Explore window, part of SQL Server Integration Services.
- Okay, let's take a look at the Explorer window,…and I'm going to start a New Project,…just go with the default,…and we'll say OK.…And the current solution,…which we're not really interested in,…so we'll save it, and I'll tell it to go ahead and save.…And the new Package will open.…Over on the right, you see Solution Explorer.…And within Solution Explorer, by default,…when we open we have the Package open,…that is, you have one Package already in there.…The different folders within Solution Explorer,…we have Projectparams, which we already looked at,…and we also have the Connection Managers,…so when we come through and create new connections,…that's right here in Connection Manager,…and if I right-click,…you can see I can create a New Connection Manager…from right here.…
Let's go ahead and do that.…And, let's just pick one of the ones…that's really easy to configure,…which is OLE DB,…and we'll go Add,…and this is fine, we've already got a connection…into AdventureWorks and we'll just say OK.…And, so now, under the Solution Explorer…
- Creating SSIS packages
- Coding and looping tasks
- Managing and administering SQL with SSIS tasks
- Optimizing data for extraction
- Making packages dynamic with variables and parameters
- Using sequences in a container
- Performing joins
- Handling errors
- Working with XML
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 34m Beginner
2. SQL Server Integration Services Tools
3. SQL Server Integration Services Tasks
4. Data Flow
5. Variables, Parameters, and Expressions
6. Performing Joins
7. Debugging SQL Server Integration Services Packages
8. Common Designs in SQL Server Integration Services
Where to go next37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.