Learn about the new and improved features in SQL Server 2019, including support for big data clusters and machine learning services.
- [Adam] SQL Server 2019 adds enhancements to a number of existing database features and capabilities. In this release, Microsoft has made it easier to manage security certificates and allow system administrators to create secure enclaves to process always encrypted data right on the server. They've expanded support for always on availability clusters to Docker containers and bring future parity to Linux installations. This newest version of Microsoft's flagship database platform is better than ever. Hi, my name is Adam Wilbert and I've been kicking the tires on this release since it was first announced at Microsoft's Ignite Conference in September of 2018. I'm excited about many of the new features in this release, but it's the addition of new connection options to data stored in Oracle, MongoDB, and other external systems through an expansion of PolyBase and Virtual Tables that's going to make this release a game changer in the world of enterprise data storage and analysis. So join me as we take a look at all of these new features and plenty more coming in SQL Server 2019.
- Intelligent query processing
- Improvements to persistent memory
- Table virtualization with PolyBase
- Creating a unified data cluster
- Training and creating machine learning models
- Running SQL Server in containers
- Updates to the SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)