In this introduction to SQL Server 2017, learn how to create and manage simple databases. You should be familiar with navigating around Windows 10, starting applications, and installing new software. No prior SQL database experience is expected.
- [Instructor] In this course, I'll introduce the essential components of SQL Server, and how to create and manage simple databases. You should be familiar with navigating around the Windows 10 operating system, starting applications and installing new software. I don't expect that you'll have any prior experience working with SQL Server, or any other database software.
- Reviewing the different editions of SQL Server
- Configuring and starting the server
- Touring the SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) interface
- Creating a new database on the server
- Creating a data table
- Joining tables together with keys
- Writing Transact-SQL commands