In this introduction to SQL Server 2017, learn how to create and manage simple databases. You should be familiar with navigating around Windows 10, starting applications, and installing new software. No prior SQL database experience is expected.
- [Instructor] In this course, I'll introduce the essential components of SQL Server, and how to create and manage simple databases. You should be familiar with navigating around the Windows 10 operating system, starting applications and installing new software. I don't expect that you'll have any prior experience working with SQL Server, or any other database software.
- Reviewing the different editions of SQL Server
- Configuring and starting the server
- Touring the SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) interface
- Creating a new database on the server
- Creating a data table
- Joining tables together with keys
- Writing Transact-SQL commands
Skill Level Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Essential Trainingwith Martin Guidry3h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with the Server
Log in to the server6m 20s
3. SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
4. Write Transact-SQL Commands
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.