In this course, Adam introduces the essential components of SQL Server 2016 and how to create and manage simple databases. You should be familiar with navigating around the Windows 10 operating system, starting applications, and installing new software. No prior SQL database experience is expected.
- [Instructor] In this course, I'll introduce the essential components of SQL Server and how to create and manage simple databases. You should be familiar with navigating around the Windows 10 operating system, starting applications, and installing new software. I don't expect that you'll have any prior experience working with SQL Server or any other database software.
This course introduces the most important features of SQL Server 2016, and is designed to act as the student's very first look at how the server operates. Adam Wilbert shows how to install a local copy of SQL Server; demonstrates the working environment, SQL Server Management Studio; and walks students through their first hour creating tables, defining relationships, and writing and running queries with Transact-SQL commands. Everything you need to accomplish to create your first database is covered in just 80 minutes. Start watching to get up and running with this professional-grade database management system.
- What is SQL Server?
- Configuring the server
- Creating a new database and data tables
- Joining tables with keys
- Creating a SELECT statement
- Writing an UPDATE statement
- Adding data with the INSERT statement