Join Martin Guidry for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before starting, part of SQL Server 2014 Backup and Recovery.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] In order to get the most from this course, you should have some experience with Microsoft SQL Server. It doesn't necessarily have to be the most recent version of SQL Server. Experience with a previous version would be fine. You should be familiar with SQL Server Management Studio and be comfortable creating and executing small scripts in T-SQL. If you're not currently comfortable with these things, you may wanna look into one of the courses here on lynda.com, SQL Server 2014 Essential Training.
It'll give you everything you need to get up to speed and get where you need to be in order to get the most out of this course.
- Types of backups
- Media sets and backups
- Performing a basic backup using the GUI or command line
- Performing a basic restore using the GUI or command line
- Backing up and restoring logs
- Doing partial backup and restores
- Automating backups
- Using encryption and compression