Learn how to use Team Foundation Server 2018, SQL Server, and Git for development operations, including version control, deployments, release management, and more.
- [Brian] Welcome to DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018. I'm Brian Randell and through this course, I'm going take you on a DevOps journey where we can take care of our SQL server 2017 databases. As a database developer, it's important that we take care of the database, yet also continuously deliver value for our users. We're going to learn how to take our database offline and put it under version control. We'll use TFS's server's work item tracking to get just enough traceability so we can find issues in production as quickly as possible and get things fixed.
We're going to learn how to use Team Build and continuous integration as well as release management and continuous delivery. We're going to wrap up the course with a bit on testing and real-world issues that you might run into when you try and implement a DevOps practice for your databases in your organization. Let's go learn about DevOps for databases with TFS 2018.
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
DevOps with Visual Studio Team Services (2017)with Paul Hacker1h 12m Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.