Review concepts and strategies that can help you enhance your app's performance on Microsoft SQL Server. Discover best practices for building efficient, scalable database applications.
- [Instructor] I'm Joey D'Antoni. I'm a Microsoft Data Platform MVP and I've got over 20 years of experience working with relational databases, including SQL Server and Oracle. Most of my day job is tuning databases for lots of customers. If you're having performance problems with your SQL Server, you'll gain understanding of how to identify those problems, bad queries, practices to avoid, antipatterns and patterns, and design strategies to optimize your database application. This course will cover a wide array of topics related to database performance, including things like execution plans and indexes, and how best to create temporary objects.
So let's go ahead and get started.
- Query execution
- How to read an execution plan
- What not to do with SQL Server
- Why cursors are bad
- Why scalar UDFs are expensive
- Datatypes and design
- What is a columnstore index?
- Transaction isolation
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Query Execution
2. What Not to Do with SQL Server
3. Datatypes and Design
4. Temporary Objects
7. Isolation Levels
Next steps2m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.