Learn how to install and administer SQL Server 2016. Find out how to optimize performance, secure SQL Server, and back up and restore your database.
- View Offline
- [Gerry] Hi, and welcome to Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Installation and Administration. My name is Gerry O'Brien, and I'm a Senior Content Developer with Microsoft. In this course, we're going to take a look at how to install and configure some of the most common aspects of SQL Server 2016. You'll learn how to get up and running with an installation of the product, and once it's installed you'll learn how to configure the different instances that you might have for your databases. We'll also take a look at performance considerations, and help you understand how to make your SQL Server instance perform acceptably.
We'll also take a look at security. This helps you understand managing the roles and the logins for your SQL Server, and how you can secure your database and instances against attacks from outside users. We'll also show you how to manage data on your server. We'll talk about backup and restore strategies, show you how to backup your data, and even move database files across servers. Finally, we'll give you some information on high-availability options with SQL Server where we'll talk about database replication, log shipping, and Always On Availability.
This course is also ideal for anybody preparing for the Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure (70-764) exam, one of two exams necessary to earn an MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration certification.
- Installation and configuration considerations
- Data storage strategies
- Configuring database instances
- Performance considerations
- Security considerations
- Managing roles and users
- Managing data
- High-availability options