Never touched a database before? Get a quick introduction to SQL Server 2016. Start creating tables and manipulating data in less than 90 minutes.
- [Adam] Hi, I'm Adam Wilbert, and I'm excited to introduce you to Learn Microsoft SQL Server 2016: The Basics. SQL Server is Microsoft's professional grade database platform, and the 2016 release makes it easier than ever to start exploring how the system works. In this course, I'll show you how to install SQL Server 2016 on your own PC using the free express version, how to start and stop the server from running, and how to begin using the graphical interface called Management Studio to create new databases. We'll explore the role of data tables and table relationships in managing your data and begin adding rows of information to the tables using queries written with Transact SQL.
If you're new to SQL Server and are looking to get up to speed quickly, then this is the perfect place to start.
This course introduces the most important features of SQL Server 2016, and is designed to act as the student's very first look at how the server operates. Adam Wilbert shows how to install a local copy of SQL Server; demonstrates the working environment, SQL Server Management Studio; and walks students through their first hour creating tables, defining relationships, and writing and running queries with Transact-SQL commands. Everything you need to accomplish to create your first database is covered in just 80 minutes. Start watching to get up and running with this professional-grade database management system.
- What is SQL Server?
- Configuring the server
- Creating a new database and data tables
- Joining tables with keys
- Creating a SELECT statement
- Writing an UPDATE statement
- Adding data with the INSERT statement