Master backup and recovery of SQL Server 2014. Learn how to use Management Studio to back up and restore SQL Server, back up to the cloud, and automate backups.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Martin Guidry, and welcome to Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Backup and Recovery. In this course, we'll cover the skills you need to perform backups and restores of Microsoft SQL Server 2014. I'll start by discussing the different types of backups in SQL Server. Then, I'll show you how to use Management Studio to backup and restore. We'll see how to backup SQL Server to the cloud, and we'll explore automating backups by using maintenance plans.
We'll cover all these features, plus plenty of other tools and techniques. Now, let's get started with Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Backup and Recovery.
- Types of backups
- Media sets and backups
- Performing a basic backup using the GUI or command line
- Performing a basic restore using the GUI or command line
- Backing up and restoring logs
- Doing partial backup and restores
- Automating backups
- Using encryption and compression
Skill Level Intermediate
Installing and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2014with Ron Davis3h 41m Intermediate
SQL Server 2014 Essential Trainingwith Martin Guidry3h 51m Intermediate
Migrating Access Databases to SQL Serverwith Adam Wilbert2h 39m Intermediate
1. Backups in General
4. Partial Backups and Restores
5. Other Backup Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.