Learn how to design databases, secure databases, and keep them in tip-top shape, with SQL Server 2012.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Martin Guidry. And welcome to designing database solutions for SQL server 2012. In this course, we'll look at effective design techniques for SQL server 2012. I'll start by explaining specific rules to organize data logically. I'll discuss when to obey the rules and when to break the rules. Then I'll show you how to design indexes to improve performance of your SQL server. We'll see how to use policy based management to administer a large number of servers.
We'll cover all these features plus plenty of other tools and techniques. So now, let's get started with designing database solutions for SQL server 2012.
- Planning the database infrastructure
- Designing databases vs. data warehouses
- Designing the physical database implementation
- Planning for partitioning
- Adding FileStream data
- Monitoring server health
- Managing SQL Server with PowerShell
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Designing a Database Server Infrastructure
2. Designing a Logical Database Schema
3. Designing a Physical Database Implementation
4. Incorporating Data Files into Databases
5. Tuning Database Performance
6. Policy-Based Management
7. Monitoring Server Health
Exploring health data5m 3s
8. Managing SQL Server with PowerShell
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.