Explore the new possibilities in SQL Server 2012, and protect, unlock, and scale the power of your data.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Martin Guidry, and welcome to SQL Server 2012 New Features. In this course, we'll look at numerous innovative features Microsoft added to it's latest release of SQL Server. I'll start by showing you how to search and manipulate files using the new FileTables. We'll write efficient code that pages through data and handles errors elegantly. Then I'll show you how to use SQL Server Management Studio to de-bug your queries more effectively by setting breakpoints, using the Watch windows, and understanding the improvements to Intellisense.
We'll see how to store user passwords at the database level, instead of the server level. We'll cover all these features along with some other tools and techniques, and we'll try to have a little fun along the way, too. Now let's get started with SQL Server 2012 New Features.
- Choosing an edition
- Finding and downloading SQL Server 2012
- Using FileTables to enhance FileStream
- Searching unstructured data semantically
- Searching text
- Exploring the Watch, Quick Watch, and Quick Info windows
- Creating user-defined server roles
- Understanding the changes to replication
- Exploring new types of indexes and new options on indexes
- Accommodating changes to database structure