Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Version control your SQL DB with TFVC: Share changes, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] We're logged in as Nikki now…and we're going to get her setup to use…the Team Foundation Version Control repository, as well.…So, let's close her project.…And now let's get connected.…We'll lick on Manage Connections,…connect to a project,…select the Team Foundation Version Control repository,…click connect,…then we have to switch back, double click on it,…and now we're going to configure your work space.…
Same exact setup as Brian.…We're going to keep the data on the D drive…cause I have a data drive…and I like to be consistent about where…I keep my version control.…Create a new folder…and we'll call this tfvc.…Once again, copy to the clipboard just to save some typing.…Paste it into the Team Explorer…and we'll do a Map and Get.…Now, when you work with tfvc,…just like git, you're going to get a copy of the files…downloaded to your local drive.…
The vocabulary we use with tfvc…to synchronize is get latest.…When I did this initial workspace creation,…it did a get latest on my behalf.…So, now let's go back over here…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.