Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Version control your SQL DB with TFVC: Demo set up and import, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] If you've been following along,…we just went through the basic process…of importing a database and using Git Version Control.…I'm going to rewind and do a lot of the same steps,…only this time I'm going to use…Team Foundation Version Control instead.…If you have no interest in that,…you can skip this video and move forward.…Otherwise, let's rewind and try that.…So the first thing we're going to do is close…this solution in Visual Studio.…We'll go back to our web browser,…and you see we have a task here to add the database…to TF VC version control,…so we'll put that in progress.…
Now before we can work with TF VC,…we need to make sure it's initialized in our team project.…You can do this two ways.…One, when you create your team project,…you could have picked Team Foundation version control…instead of Git as your first repository type.…Reminder, a single team project…can have both TF VC and Git repositories.…Because I chose Git, however,…I need to initialize TF VC inside this team project.…
To do that, I'll come over here to the code hub.…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
DevOps with Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Paul Hacker1h 12m Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.