Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Version control your SQL DB with Git: Demo share changes, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Narrator] With the database offline,…now we're going to be making changes…based upon our requirements.…The first thing we want to do is…make sure we have a work item.…Let's go to Team Explorer…and we'll click this link, and this will open the browser…and take us to our team project in Team Foundation Server.…We're going to come over here to Work…and access the backlogs.…And once again, we care about Sprint 1…'cause that's where we're doing our work,…and we're going to come over here to the board.…
Now I'm going to add a new work item.…We'll say, "Add VIP column…to Customers Table."…And we're going to assign this to Nikki.…Now, don't freak out if you're a scrub person…or project manager person,…we're just doing this for the demo.…We would probably think about this stuff in advance.…Now we've got this work item.…We're going to make this in progress.…And note the number is seven.…We'll come back to Visual Studio…and we're going to add a new column.…
Now note I can come over here and type it in…and change the data type…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.