Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Version control your SQL DB with Git: Demo set up, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Brian] We're now ready…to take our database,…in this case the Northwind sample database,…and put it under version control…with an SSDT project.…What we're going to do is going to go to our task board,…and I'm going to mark this task as being in progress,…because this is what I'm going to do.…In this video, we're going to go through…and add the database to Git version control…in Team Foundation Server.…In a second video, I'll do the same process,…but instead I'll use Team Foundation version control.…
As I do this demo, I'm also going to show you what it's like…to make changes to the project file…and share the differences with a team member.…So let's go over here to Visual Studio 2017.…When you work with Team Foundation Server…for Visual Studio, you use what's called the Team Explorer.…You can find it by going to the View menu…and selecting Team Explorer.…The very first time you come in you won't have a connection,…so you can come over here and select the Manage Connections…connectoid and then you can come over…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
DevOps with Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Paul Hacker1h 12m Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.