Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Version control your SQL DB with Git: Demo set up another user, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] With our database under version control…and shared with our team via Team Foundation Server,…let's go through another user getting set up…and getting access to that database project…on their machine.…What you see here is a person using Visual Studio.…In this case, the user is Nikki,…who is not connected to Team Foundation Server…on this machine yet.…So we have to start from scratch with the connection.…So the first thing we'll do is click Manage Connections…and say Connect to a Project.…Depending upon your network, the server name…might populate itself.…
It might not.…If it doesn't, you simply click Add TFS Server…and enter the server name and click the Add button.…Now, here's the dvdevops team project and get repo…from setup earlier.…You'll note that just like with my other machine,…by default, it wants to put the local repo copy…under my user profile folder.…I'm not a fan of that, so I'm going to put it on the D drive,…just like I did on the other machine.…I like to keep things in a common location,…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
DevOps with Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Paul Hacker1h 12m Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.