Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Version control your SQL DB with Git: Demo import database, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] At this point I now have Visual Studio…connected to my Team Foundation server.…I have cloned my default repo for my Team project…and set up a relationship between…that repo and the one on the server.…I'm now ready to shred my database catalog…into an SSDT project.…There's a couple of ways to do this with SSDT.…One way is that you can go to the view menu…and select the SQL server object explorer.…
When you do this,…you can connect to your SQL server instances…on your local machine or on remote machines.…So, I'm going to connect to my local server,…and I'm going to pick the Northwind Database.…So as you can see I can work with the database…online from within Visual Studio.…So there's the database,…tables, et cetera.…
Now if I've done that,…I can right-click on Northwind…and select Create new project.…When I do that, I get the import database dialogue.…Cancel.…The other way I could do that is select…File, New, Project,…and in the new project dialogue,…I'm going to scroll down to the section that says SQL server,…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
DevOps with Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Paul Hacker1h 12m Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.