Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Version changes of SSIS from 2008-2014, part of SQL Server Integration Services.
- Version changes of SQL Server Integration Services.…What I wanna do here is make you feel comfortable…that this course is the one you wanna concentrate on…for SQL Server Integration Services.…This little presentation is not detailed,…and some of the features that I'm going to explain to you…are superseded in later releases.…So the first thing we're going to…take a look at is SQL Server 2008.…And when the 2008 released,…we had an enhanced Lookup transformation.…
A Lookup transformation is one that allows us…to be bringing data in from a data source…and have another data set already set in the memory,…in the cache, so that we can look up…from the cached set into the new set…and see if we want to indeed,…say, for example, add new records.…This would prevent us from putting records in…that were already existing on a database.…We have new ADO.NET components.…Around the release of SQL 2008,….NET was really gaining traction,…and ADO allowed us to use the .NET interfaces…to tie into various data sources.…
We had a new Data Profiling feature.…
- Creating SSIS packages
- Coding and looping tasks
- Managing and administering SQL with SSIS tasks
- Optimizing data for extraction
- Making packages dynamic with variables and parameters
- Using sequences in a container
- Performing joins
- Handling errors
- Working with XML
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 35m Beginner
2. SQL Server Integration Services Tools
3. SQL Server Integration Services Tasks
4. Data Flow
5. Variables, Parameters, and Expressions
6. Performing Joins
7. Debugging SQL Server Integration Services Packages
8. Common Designs in SQL Server Integration Services
Where to go next37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.