- Okay, let's take a look at Connection Managers,…we've already looked at it,…and if you remember,…it's important to know that there's…project Connection Managers,…which can be utilized by all the packages,…and then there's package specific Connection Managers,…and you tell them by looking down…in the Connection Manager tray,…and the one will have a project,…and the other one will not.…Connection Managers have specific requirements,…so if I right click here…and go New Connection Manager,…you'll see all the Connection Managers…we have available, so let's pick one,…pick this FLAPFILE…for connecting into the file system,…and I'm just going to click Add.…
Now, down here, if I click Browse,…I've set up this little file…just to be able to connect into it,…it's really a blank file,…and if I call Open,…I'm now in there, but you'll notice COMs are not found.…So if I come over here and just click Columns,…and then come back over,…that's fixed, so just a little oddity…that you need to know about.…So now we click OK,…and I've got a Connection Manager into my FLAPFILE.…
- Creating SSIS packages
- Coding and looping tasks
- Managing and administering SQL with SSIS tasks
- Optimizing data for extraction
- Making packages dynamic with variables and parameters
- Using sequences in a container
- Performing joins
- Handling errors
- Working with XML
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 34m Beginner
2. SQL Server Integration Services Tools
3. SQL Server Integration Services Tasks
4. Data Flow
5. Variables, Parameters, and Expressions
6. Performing Joins
7. Debugging SQL Server Integration Services Packages
8. Common Designs in SQL Server Integration Services
Where to go next37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.