Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Utilizing the Import and Export Wizards, part of SQL Server Integration Services.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Okay, let's take a look at…the Import and Export Wizard.…This Wizard, like all Wizards, allows you…to easily step through a process,…and to execute that process with writing very little code.…To do that, we have very few options…that we can do within the wizard.…However, for this, for importing and exporting data…from one source into another,…this is really an excellent little tool.…If you wanna do almost any kind of transformation,…then you don't wanna use this tool,…you actually wanna use visual studio data tools,…and do a data flow.…
So let's go ahead.…The first thing I have open here…is Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.…And we're going to take data off of…the default database,…and we're gonna take it off of AdventureWorks2014,…and we're going to move it over to INSTANCE2 of SQL.…Remember we double installed SQL,…so we have another instance.…And we're gonna create a new database down here,…and we'll move data into that new database.…Now, I am running on server 2012…so this is very similar to Windows 8,…
- Creating SSIS packages
- Coding and looping tasks
- Managing and administering SQL with SSIS tasks
- Optimizing data for extraction
- Making packages dynamic with variables and parameters
- Using sequences in a container
- Performing joins
- Handling errors
- Working with XML
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 35m Beginner
2. SQL Server Integration Services Tools
3. SQL Server Integration Services Tasks
4. Data Flow
5. Variables, Parameters, and Expressions
6. Performing Joins
7. Debugging SQL Server Integration Services Packages
8. Common Designs in SQL Server Integration Services
Where to go next37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.