- [Instructor] And this next feature is probably one…of the main reasons why I prefer…to develop in SQL Operations Studio…than SQL Server Management Studio.…SQL Server Management Studio's long had this notion…of templates, but they're kind of clunky,…and challenging to use.…SQL Operations Studio introduces,…and this is something that was in Visual Studio Code,…and it's kind of bringing us to the SQL community now is,…the availability of snippets,…and snippets are just effectively code templates,…but they are really well done…and built into the product pretty well.…
Let's talk a little bit about templates.…These are a set of predefined and customizable templates,…so you can create your own,…and we're going to do that in the demo here.…Templates that allow you to do things…like create a database,…create new tables, create all sorts…of various objects in the database that are predefined.…And you can create your own custom templates…by adding them to the palette.…All these templates are stored as JSON file called sql.json.…
- Querying with SQL Graph
- String functions in SQL 2017
- Adaptive query processing
- Docker containers and SQL
- Deploying CLR code with SQL Server on Linux
- Working with SQL Operations Studio
- Using snippets
- Code deployment using GIT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. New Features Overview
2. Adaptive Query Processing
3. SQL Server on Linux
4. SQL Server Operations Studio
Using snippets3m 57s
Next steps1m 39s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.