Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Using expressions to make dynamic packages, part of SQL Server Integration Services.
- Alright, let's take a look at using Expressions…in packages to make our packages dynamic.…We're going to start here, we've used Expressions already…and we're going to take another look at them here…and then later on in the course we'll come through…and look at them yet again.…Particularly when we go into taking a look…at using Precedence Constraints in such a manner…to control our data flow better.…So what we have is control flows up here,…where I'm gonna Execute a SQL Task,…which is just a placeholder.…
It just comes through and it does a selection,…it's just really to start my Precedence Constraints.…And I've got my Precedence Constraint down here…and if I double-click it you see I used an Expression.…If I click the ellipsis here…I go into the Expression Builder.…And what I did was I had a variable I set up, YNExecute.…And I said if it's = 0…then, we'll Evaluate the Expression and it's False,…then this will not execute.…
And this has a Precedence Constraint,…but it does not have an Expression on it,…so this is going to just execute on success.…
- Creating SSIS packages
- Coding and looping tasks
- Managing and administering SQL with SSIS tasks
- Optimizing data for extraction
- Making packages dynamic with variables and parameters
- Using sequences in a container
- Performing joins
- Handling errors
- Working with XML
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 34m Beginner
2. SQL Server Integration Services Tools
3. SQL Server Integration Services Tasks
4. Data Flow
5. Variables, Parameters, and Expressions
6. Performing Joins
7. Debugging SQL Server Integration Services Packages
8. Common Designs in SQL Server Integration Services
Where to go next37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.