Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Database Fundamentals: Administration.
- View Offline
- If you're a premium subscriber, then you have access to the same database file that I'll be starting with. Simply follow the link on the top of the main course page to download it. I'll be working with the file here on my Desktop, but you can go ahead and place yours wherever you'd like. Now for this course, since we'll be primarily working with server level settings and creating user accounts on your computer, you'll need to complete all of the movies in sequence in order to follow along. Because each lesson builds upon the previous lesson, there won't be individual exercise files for each video. If you don't have access to the example database though, you can follow along with your own database.
Now let's get started.
Note: This course will also prepare certification candidates for the "Administer a database" domain of the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Exam 98-364, Database Administration Fundamentals.
- Securing the database server
- Understanding Windows authentication vs. SQL Server authentication
- Assigning fixed server roles and fixed database roles
- Granting object-level permissions
- Understanding ownership claims
- Creating backups
- Restoring a database