Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Database Fundamentals: Storage.
- View Offline
- If you're a Premium subscriber to the Lynda.com online training library, then you have access to the same exercise files that I'll be using here on-screen. Simply follow the link on the top of the main course page to download them. I'll be working with the files on my desktop here, but you can place them wherever is convenient for you. Inside of the Exercise Files folder, you'll notice a folder for each chapter of the course, and inside of the chapter folder, you'll find the individual database files along with any other assets that we'll make use of. Now, if you don't have access to the exercise files, you can follow along with your own databases.
Now let's get started.
Note: This course will also prepare certification candidates for the "Understanding data storage" domain of the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Exam 98-364, Database Administration Fundamentals. Find out more at https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/exam-98-364.aspx.
- Reducing redundancy with normalization
- Fixing partial dependencies
- Creating primary keys
- Linking tables with foreign keys
- Creating clustered and nonclustered indexes