- Event handlers.…SSIS has built in a number of event handlers,…so that when a certain event occurs,…it is raised and then SSIS can subscribe…to that event that has been notified,…the event has been raised,…and then take some kind of an action.…This allows us to take a task…and then move the execution,…depending on what event was raised into another flow.…Let me show you.…I have two script tasks set up here,…very simple, one just to succeed,…and one with my standard failure in here.…
Then I went over to the Event Handler tab,…and I created event handlers.…So here, on Script Succeeds executable,…right here,…I have the event OnError,…if the event OnError happens,…then this Script Task will run, else it will not.…I've created two other event handlers,…and I have one for Script Fails.…On the Script Fails, if I subscribe to the OnTaskFailed,…this task will fail, it's designed to fail,…then this Script Task will run.…
So I would have a whole different set of executions.…I also have set one up for the Package,…so that when the Package finishes, and it's OnPostExecute,…
- Creating SSIS packages
- Coding and looping tasks
- Managing and administering SQL with SSIS tasks
- Optimizing data for extraction
- Making packages dynamic with variables and parameters
- Using sequences in a container
- Performing joins
- Handling errors
- Working with XML
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 34m Beginner
2. SQL Server Integration Services Tools
3. SQL Server Integration Services Tasks
4. Data Flow
5. Variables, Parameters, and Expressions
6. Performing Joins
7. Debugging SQL Server Integration Services Packages
8. Common Designs in SQL Server Integration Services
Where to go next37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.