Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Workflow tasks, part of SQL Server Integration Services.
- Let's take a look at creating a workflow.…What we have here is three packages.…If we look in Solution Explorer,…I've got one package I named Master,…and then I've got Blue and Green.…What we're going to do is…we're going to initiate a script,…which is just here to show us…that the process has started.…Then through a series of logics,…we're going to move down one path or another path.…I'll show you the details on that after we execute it.…So if we move down this path,…we're going to go in and now fire up a script…just to tell us that we're into this sequence container…that I named a parameter pass.…
Then we're going to call this Execute Package Blue.…The Execute Package task will execute…the Blue Package and pass a parameter…whereas the Execute Green Package…will execute the Green Package…and not pass a parameter.…I'm gonna run 'em and then I'll show you how it works.…So I'll just take Master up here,…right click and we're gonna Execute Package.…There's our little pop-up,…Script started, Execution has started, and we'll say OK.…
- Creating SSIS packages
- Coding and looping tasks
- Managing and administering SQL with SSIS tasks
- Optimizing data for extraction
- Making packages dynamic with variables and parameters
- Using sequences in a container
- Performing joins
- Handling errors
- Working with XML
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 34m Beginner
2. SQL Server Integration Services Tools
3. SQL Server Integration Services Tasks
4. Data Flow
5. Variables, Parameters, and Expressions
6. Performing Joins
7. Debugging SQL Server Integration Services Packages
8. Common Designs in SQL Server Integration Services
Where to go next37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.