Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Report Builder, part of SQL Server 2008 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
The point of this web site is to allow us to view and interact with reports.…But to do that, we need to make some first.…There is a couple of ways to do it, but the one I'm going to pick is this icon…here on the bar called Report Builder.…You might first think this is a little web site or web application, but it actually isn't.…In fact, the first time you click it, you may have to click OK once or twice,…because it's going to install an application on your Desktop.…This is SQL Server Report Builder, and we're in the 3.0 version of this…application with SQL Server 2008 R2.…
This is an Office style application that you'll use to design your reports, to…build your reports, and then they'll be pushed back, saved up to that web site,…the Report Manager web site, so that other people can use them and view them.…So when it opens up it does have a Getting Started panel that offers to step…you through several different wizards.…But I'm just going to dismiss that…and kind of go back to basics with Report Builder.…
- Using T-SQL (Transact-SQL)
- Managing databases with SQL Server Management Studio
- Understanding database normalization
- Using SELECT statements
- Building indexes
- Monitoring database size and integrity
- Backing up and restoring databases
- Creating functions and stored procedures
- Managing database permissions
- Creating and formatting reports
- Adding charts to reports
- Creating and executing a simple SSIS package
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Installing SQL Server 2008 R2
3. Tools and System Databases
SQL Server system databases2m 22s
4. Creating Databases
5. Importing Existing Data
6. Retrieving Data with SQL
7. Inserting and Updating Data
8. SQL Functions
9. Stored Procedures and Transactions
10. Core Administration Tasks
11. Backing Up and Restoring
12. Security Features
13. Reporting Services
14. Integration Services
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.