Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding packages, part of SQL Server Integration Services.
- SSIS Packages.…The concept of a package in SSIS is it's a container.…Within that container, we're going to put…various components, you might call them tasks,…and these are job-specific, so that one component…might be something to go in and make a connection…into a database and then another one will be…to retrieve data out of that connection from the database…and to move it into another task that transforms it…and then to send it, finally, into the destination database.…
All of those tasks have connections together…and those paths are also contained, the connection paths,…within the package.…The package has the ability to look inside…and also outside of the package,…so that we can change variables, et cetera,…and communicate outside of the package…with other packages or with other components…in the land of Microsoft.…Let me start SQL Server Management Studio here…and I want to show you a little oddity.…
I'm connecting to the database.…I don't need to connect into the database,…I just wanted to to show you the difference.…
- Creating SSIS packages
- Coding and looping tasks
- Managing and administering SQL with SSIS tasks
- Optimizing data for extraction
- Making packages dynamic with variables and parameters
- Using sequences in a container
- Performing joins
- Handling errors
- Working with XML
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 34m Beginner
2. SQL Server Integration Services Tools
3. SQL Server Integration Services Tasks
4. Data Flow
5. Variables, Parameters, and Expressions
6. Performing Joins
7. Debugging SQL Server Integration Services Packages
8. Common Designs in SQL Server Integration Services
Where to go next37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.