Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Tracking your work, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] If version control is all about the who,…what and when, work item tracking provides the why.…Look, ima developer.…I prefer to be cutting code…and getting those changes out to my users.…When you think about work items,…the planning and tracking phase that we talked about…in the first chapter, we often see project managers…and people keeping us under their thumb.…Project management and the whole process,…whether it's Agile or Waterfall or whatever,…serves a purpose.…How you do it in your organization is up to you.…
But at the end of the day,…I'm going to show you just enough work item tracking…to give you my favorite feature,…and that's traceability.…Traceability will help you find production issues quickly,…and that will save you time and ultimately save you…and your organization money.…So let's learn just enough work item tracking…to make a difference.…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
DevOps with Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Paul Hacker1h 12m Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.