- [Lecturer] Welcome to the Scaling SQL Server Applications course. In this course you're going to see a number of techniques that we're using and the key tools you're going to need in order to follow along are SQL Server. So in this case we're using SQL Server 2017 Developer Edition which is freely available, it can be downloaded from microsoft.com. We're also using a couple of sample databases. We're using AdventureWorks 2016, AdventureWorks Data Warehouse, as well as WildWorldImporters. These are all once again sample databases that are available from Microsoft.
And will will see several scripts, and those will be available as part of the course materials to help your gain better understanding of what you've learned in this class.
- Designing for high-write and high-read workloads
- Designing an archiving model
- Leveraging SQL features such as portioning and compression
- Building a tenancy model
- Using Azure design patterns for scaling