Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Testing at scale, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- When we think about testing,…we definitely think about unit testing…which is why we had a module on that already.…But we think about the larger scale needs…of a database fitting into…the larger application lifecycle…and a full DevOps process,…we need to go beyond unit tests.…You're going to need to test…your services that access the database,…test your apps' end-to-end functionality,…load tests,…multiple environments with known sets of data.…All these things come into play…and are considerations you need to make…when setting up a good DevOps process…around your database.…
Your database provides the foundation for most applications,…so it's critical we get that rock solid…and then build on top of that.…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.