Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Testing and release: Demo, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] Okay, now I thought I was ready to go,…but something just popped in my brain and said,…you've got one more thing you forgot to do.…So before I start messing with builds and releases,…let's go to Solution Explorer,…and this little app.config file that I made the change,…just a reminder, we came in and added the token constring.…Right now, this file's…just going to stay inside version control.…It's not going to show up in the build output,…which is what I need in order to use it via release.…So I'm going to lift up the properties here a bit,…with it selected,…I'm going to change the build action to content…and I'm going to say Copy to Output Directory Always.…
This will make sure that this file is available…to my build and release when I need it.…So let's save this change to my project,…come back out of Team Explorer.…Let's do one more Commit.…Change build settings…for app.config in DbUnitTests project.…
We'll link up our work item.…And we'll commit this, and we'll come over here…and share with my team.…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.