- [Narrator] Temporal tables were introduced…to SQL Server 2016,…and if you haven't worked with this feature, this allows you…to look at your data at a previous point in time…and it kind of keeps a running history…of the data that's in a table.…It's something you have to enable,…and it's similar to what you might have implemented…in the past for data tracking,…but you might have done it using triggers.…SQL Server does it at a neural level in the engine,…so it's more efficient.…This feature gets some new benefits in SQL Server 2017…so let's talk about it a little more.…
So these tables in the database…are known as System Version Tables…(Temporal's kind of the marketing name)…and it's a special type of table that allows you…to run queries at different times in the past…and the way this works is it creates a history table…that contains the delta records and the timestamps.…You don't have to do anything beyond…enabling System History for your table.…One of the limitations in SQL Server 2016…and it wasn't so much a limitation,…
- Querying with SQL Graph
- String functions in SQL 2017
- Adaptive query processing
- Docker containers and SQL
- Deploying CLR code with SQL Server on Linux
- Working with SQL Operations Studio
- Using snippets
- Code deployment using GIT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. New Features Overview
2. Adaptive Query Processing
3. SQL Server on Linux
4. SQL Server Operations Studio
Using snippets3m 57s
Next steps1m 39s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.