Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Team project setup: Demo, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- In this video, I'm going to show you how you create…a team project, a fundamental requirement for using…Team Foundations server.…If this is something you already know how to do, or if it's…something you don't have permission to do in your…organization and you generally just get told which team…project to use, you can go ahead and skip this video.…The next video after that is going to cover work item tracking.…Now, while you may already do it, it'd be worth…just watching that short video, just to make sure you…understand how I'm going to use work item tracking…through the rest of the course.…
Using Team Foundation Server 2018,…you can now do this all through the web browser.…In previous versions of Team Foundation Server,…you typically had to use Visual Studio,…or the Team Explorer tool, to create your team project.…Now, just like its cloud-based version,…Visual Studio Team Services,…you can now create a team project using your web browser.…The first thing you're going to do is navigate…to your Team Foundation Server.…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.