Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Team build, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Narrator] In this chapter we're going to…look at how we take our database project,…that we can build locally using Visual Studio,…and move that up to the team level…and build using Team Build, a component…of team foundation's server.…In this chapter we're going to look at,…why even bother with team build?…We'll talk about agents and pipelines,…and then we'll look at how you build…your database for SQL Server.…And we'll finish up with continuous integration.…The first thing to get straight about Team Build…is that we do Team Build we're doing Build Automation…and what Build Automation is not, is F5.…
F5, the proverbial build and run key inside visual studio,…is not what we mean about Build Automation.…Build Automation is something you do…on a separate machine that is focused…on the task of collecting the assets…relative to a particular software project or solution.…We use tools like Team Build, very simply,…to help us understand where we're at.…Do our bits create a product?…Now we think about Team Build in the large area,…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
DevOps with Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Paul Hacker1h 12m Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.