Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Team Foundation Version Control (TFVC) vs. Git, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] When working with Team Foundation Server,…you have a choice when it comes to how…you manage your assets with version control.…Around 2013, Microsoft formally put Git…as a version control option into Team Foundation Server,…which means we have two choices when working with it.…Now, if you watched the videos earlier…on how to set up a team project,…this was one of the choices I had,…what type of version control I wanted to use.…It turns out, as I mentioned in that video,…you can use both in a team project.…
In a lot of organizations, you've made a commitment…to one type of version control.…You might already be fully committed to using…Team Foundation version control,…sometimes just TFVC, for short.…Or, you may have switched over to Git.…If you don't know what you're doing,…you'll want to watch the rest of this video.…But if you already know you're using one versus the other,…you can watch just the videos that cover…your particular version control type.…I'm going to demo both in just a bit.…But if you don't know which one to use,…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
DevOps with Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Paul Hacker1h 12m Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.