Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018 overview, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- People process products.…That's what makes up DevOps and gives us the way…to deliver that continuous value to our in users.…We're going to pivot now…and talk about Team Foundation Server 2018…and see how it can help you,…once you've got a good organizational process in place…and the people are ready to go.…We think about the DevOps life cycle,…it's about bringing those two desperate parts…of our organization together and forming a single unit.…
It's about looking at these four core areas…that we have to deal with, planning and tracking.…What are we going to build?…How are we going to monetize it, deal with it, et cetera?…Develop it and test and then hand off into Ops,…where we can monitor and learn what we're doing,…and get the products out there for our customers.…We think about doing DevOps with TFS.…We start with that planning and tracking phase.…A project gets started, you plan out the work,…you manage it, and you track progress.…
I often deal with a lot of developers,…and often when they see planning and tracking,…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
DevOps with Visual Studio Team Services (2017)with Paul Hacker1h 12m Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.