Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Supporting tools, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] Now, primarily in this course,…I'm going to be using the SQL data tools, SSDT.…But, the SQL tools family is very rich.…Over the years, Microsoft has evolved it…to the point of providing you with a rich set…of tools for the platform you work on.…We have DevOps-aware GUI tools like SSDT,…but we also have the new SQL operation studio…which is an electron app that runs on top…of Windows, macOS, and Linux.…There's a rich set of command line interface tools…that you can use on any platform…as well as drivers and APIs to help you build your apps.…
And, we have this rich community building tools…on top of the SQL server family to make it easier…to deliver value to our users.…One of the ways we'll look at that is…when we get to the testing module,…we're going to look at two open source frameworks…that have been provided by the community…as a way to test your code…and make your applications better.…When working with Visual Studio 2017,…we have choice when it comes…to how we do our database development…and our DevOps process.…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
DevOps with Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Paul Hacker1h 12m Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.