Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the practice environment, part of SQL Server Integration Services (2015).
- A number of the videos contain environments for projects that have been set up and took some time to set up. It is not practical on each of these to go through and have you set it up and then walk through to see how it works. Instead, you should watch all of the videos in the order that they're presented. At the end of the course you can then set up your own environment and start learning by going back and walking through and seeing what you can do.
By the end of the course you will have seen on the screen every skill that you need to duplicate what I did on the screen. Now I did include some Exercise Files. These Exercise Files are of three types. On the left I'm showing you a Transact-SQL, or a SQL Statement code. So I've included some of the code that I use in the course to get the results that I wanted. And those are little snippets in there and there's appropriately labeled SQL.
In the center you see an XML file and here's an XML file that we use when we're working within XML in the course. And finally on the right is the most common type of Exercise File you have, which is the Script Task. Now frankly, when you're in coding the script taskes I greatly suggest that you don't use the samples provided. That is when you're trying to make work on your PC what you saw me do on ours then you should type in the code yourself.
You'll just learn a lot more. So again, start at the beginning, walk all the way through it, so you'll see everything that we show you and you'll experience pretty much everything that we do one way or another in integration services. Then go back and start simple and build on out from there.
- Creating SSIS packages
- Coding and looping tasks
- Managing and administering SQL with SSIS tasks
- Optimizing data for extraction
- Making packages dynamic with variables and parameters
- Using sequences in a container
- Performing joins
- Handling errors
- Working with XML
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 34m Beginner
2. SQL Server Integration Services Tools
3. SQL Server Integration Services Tasks
4. Data Flow
5. Variables, Parameters, and Expressions
6. Performing Joins
7. Debugging SQL Server Integration Services Packages
8. Common Designs in SQL Server Integration Services
Where to go next37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.