Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Sample database installation, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- Now, in order to do version control on a database,…we're going to need a database inside SQL server to do it.…I thought long and hard about this.…Do I create a custom application with a custom database…or do I use one of the sample databases…that Microsoft provides?…I chose the latter.…In choosing the latter,…I had to make a choice between going with the latest…and greatest sexiest monster database that they've created,…like WorldWideImporters, or do I go back to my roots?…I chose that as well…and we're going to use the Northwind database.…
Now, the Northwind database is easy to find on the internet,…we'll give you a link that you can use to download it.…Once you download the zip file and extract it,…you'll end up with a small BAK file…that you can restore with SQL Server Management Studio.…Let me start SQL Management Studio.…What I'm going to do is connect to a local SQL server instance…on my development box.…This is my private developer instance of SQL server…and as we listed in the course definition,…we're using SQL server 2017.…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.