Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video SQL Server editions, part of SQL Server 2008 Essential Training.
In this course, we're going to work with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2.…This is the latest version of SQL Server, released in April 2010.…R2 added several features on top of the first release of SQL Server 2008, although…the purposes of an Essential Training course like this,…the R2 part really doesn't matter.…In fact, most of the core things we're going to talk about are very similar to…even earlier versions like SQL Server 2005.…
But SQL Server 2008 R2 is the latest version.…It's what we're going to use.…Now although, SQL Server 2008 R2 is the version that we're using,…the capabilities of it will differ depending on the edition of SQL Server 2008 R2…that you have, because this product has been around for 20 years.…The same way that Microsoft Office is now available in different editions,…SQL Server has fragmented into about ten editions with different feature sets for…different audiences.…
So there is a Compact edition for mobile devices.…There is a Web edition specific for making web sites.…
- Using T-SQL (Transact-SQL)
- Managing databases with SQL Server Management Studio
- Understanding database normalization
- Using SELECT statements
- Building indexes
- Monitoring database size and integrity
- Backing up and restoring databases
- Creating functions and stored procedures
- Managing database permissions
- Creating and formatting reports
- Adding charts to reports
- Creating and executing a simple SSIS package
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Installing SQL Server 2008 R2
3. Tools and System Databases
SQL Server system databases2m 22s
4. Creating Databases
5. Importing Existing Data
6. Retrieving Data with SQL
7. Inserting and Updating Data
8. SQL Functions
9. Stored Procedures and Transactions
10. Core Administration Tasks
11. Backing Up and Restoring
12. Security Features
13. Reporting Services
14. Integration Services
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.