Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video SQL Server Integration Services data typing, part of SQL Server Integration Services.
- SQL Server Integration Services Data Types…SSIS uses several different type systems…and depending on which type system we're using,…we may have to or probably…will have to, convert from one type over into another.…The different type systems:…the first is native or that is…the SQL Server data types.…That's built in…and unless within SQL…we're using CLR, the common language runtime,…or we've got some kind of a custom type…that we built, then the SQL server data types…are the ones that we will be dealing with…when working over in SQL.…
However,…in Integration Services we have the variable data types…and that's when go in and create…a variable.…Those data types are dependent on the underlying…type systems and that is exposed…in the .net framework data types.…However, not all .net framework data types…can be used in SSIS.…We have the pipeline buffer data types.…
The pipeline buffer means…when we're actually now into the data flow…and we're doing an ETL,…so we're moving data from point A…over to point B.…And the data types available in the pipeline buffer…
- Creating SSIS packages
- Coding and looping tasks
- Managing and administering SQL with SSIS tasks
- Optimizing data for extraction
- Making packages dynamic with variables and parameters
- Using sequences in a container
- Performing joins
- Handling errors
- Working with XML
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 35m Beginner
2. SQL Server Integration Services Tools
3. SQL Server Integration Services Tasks
4. Data Flow
5. Variables, Parameters, and Expressions
6. Performing Joins
7. Debugging SQL Server Integration Services Packages
8. Common Designs in SQL Server Integration Services
Where to go next37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.