Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) overview, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] While Team Foundation Server provides…that hub for your entire team, SQL Server Data Tools,…or SSDT for short,…provides the database developer with the tools they need…to make changes to the database.…SSDT is actually four products in one.…The core foundation for Relational Database Projects…is built into all versions of Visual Studio 2017.…In addition, there are three other project types…that you can use for working…with more specialized features of SQL Server.…
Things like Analysis Services and Integration Services.…You'll note that they can be installed…on top of Visual Studio using the SSDT package,…or you can run them in standalone mode.…Whatever works for you.…But just as a reminder, we're going to focus…on just the Relational Database Projects in this course.…Now, when you think about database development…in a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery Pipeline,…or CI/CD, the workflow is the same…as if you're writing C# code, or Ruby, or Node.js.…
You're going to develop code, you're going to share that code…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
DevOps with Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Paul Hacker1h 12m Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.